Hanging out, ready to sing some Blues

Monday, October 6, 2008

Broken wrist and Cross #2

Well fan, we at Team Bi-atch headed out for a second day of Cross out at KelleyAcres near Fredrick, Md. It was truly a beautiful fall day on an equally beautiful farm. The leaves are not fully changed but they did not disappoint. Ahh, I love being in or at least near the mountains.

The course was pretty darn sweet. It was a miniature MTB course with log barriers, a stream crossing and some descent elevation change. I tried bunny hopping the one large barrier but sadly my broken wrist decided we would have no more of that. From what I saw only Gunnar, Jeremiah, Chris S. and Roger M. were the only ones bunny hopping it during their races. Roger may have stopped after his pretty sweet rolling endo.

Well the race...
I once again chose to do the old man race which I almost missed after passing the turn as I was so flustered driving through Fredrick seeing all the McCain/Palin signs in the yards, WTF!! Anyway, I made it with about 20 minutes to spare, Team Bi-atch style, but was almost not aloud to race since I have a broken wrist. What the, they let a Cat1/Pro race the C race!!! I got in.

Off we went. Gunnar led and I split my time between 2nd and 3rd for a bit, sweet, maybe I will be racn’ today after all. Nop, I hit a hole pretty hard, remembered I had a broken wrist and started to ride more conservatively. At this time I started to move backwards too. It was no longer racn’ but just a hard training ride. Give a guy a break fan I have a broken wrist. I can use that one for at least another month I think, right? Gunnar crushed it and won. I'll get it together old man.

Betsy crushed it too winning her race. The HUB girl did keep her honest for a bit or maybe she was just messn’ with her. Bunny?

Great event that I am looking forward to doing next year healthy. All grassroots and old school, how I like it. Thanks Kelley's Acres, HPC and Team Kenda. I am sure Kevin worked his magic too, we are all narcissist!!

Next weekend, maybe Iron Cross Lite and Iron Cross. We will have to see, it is just up the road.

"May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face" and may your wheels always find it safely back to the ground.

PEACE
Chris

*note to director: Please add pictures

No comments: