Hanging out, ready to sing some Blues

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday at Wakefield: training race series

Bunged up the SS race.
Passing for third....said on your left...he came left...boom bam ouch.
Back to 6th, chased...every one knows the local lines since this is the 4th week..chase some more.
Back to 4th with 3rd and 2nd in my grasp.
Down hard real hard...rung my bell, some good flesh lost and a burped tyre.
DNF SS: back to the van to fix the tyre proper before the p/ex
Less excitement in the p/ex.
Need an 18T to compete: Upper mid pack.
Good training and FUN!!!!
Thanks Potomac Velo it was a hoot!!!

Ran into Harlan: East Coast fast endurance dude and all around nice guy.
He has been asked to represent the US in Austria for marathon worlds.
Super cool.
USAC won't pay for anything including his jersey....USAC SUCKS!!!
Congrats Harlan!!!!

Had a burrito at Chipotle.
Got asked what team I play for by a nice gay gentlemen.
I am dirty and bloody and I still get hit on by gay guys....CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bright side, gay guys are typically fit and good looking.
So I must be fit and good looking.
At least I have that going for me.

"May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face" and may your wheels always find it safely back to the ground.
PEACE Chris

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

yikes...

I thought the post was going to end with mention that "only a man really knows what a man wants"

or "with the eyes closed..."

never mind

glad you got local
too bad you could not get Harlan out to play with the local folk

it could have been humbling to the goons on the podium to see how fast a bike can go